We asked this month's influencer, Meg Kee, to test our Silipos® Active Boot Bumper to see if it helped alleviate the pressure she was experiencing from hiking several days a week. Read on to see her thoughts and use discount code 'PAINRELIEF' for 20% off a boot bumper (here!) now through Sunday, March, 1st 2020!
1) Name: Meg Kee
2) Where do you live?
Big Bear, California
3) What type of athlete are you?
4) How long have you been climbing and hiking?
5) What is your training regimen? How often are you wearing boots?
Wearing hiking and climbing shoes about four to five times a week.
6) What challenges did you face as an athlete before using our product?
Ankle scuffs from the rocks, tenderness from long approaches with a large and heavy pack.
7) What is your impression of the Silipos product we sent you?
My first impression was the Active Boot Bumper was minimal and easy to put on.
8) How did it add value to you?
Silipos added value by creating a comfortable space inside my approach shoes for the long journey out to the climb areas.
What did you like about it?
I like how soft the material is, the gel feels like a pillow between me and my shoe.
9) How has using this product make your life easier/better?
The product relieves a lot of pressure and makes walking a comfortable experience.
Did it help with the pain you were experiencing?
10) Would you recommend this Silipos product to other athletes? Why?
I think the Active Boot Bumper would be great for other athletes who are looking for a bit of extra comfort and who experience tenderness in the ankle and heel.
11) What is something that your followers do not know about you, that you find to be very important to your personal lifestyle?
I think a lot of my followers don’t know my personal goals, which are very important to my lifestyle. This year I will be leveling up in my climbing guide certifications and have some really cool ventures coming up that I kinda want to keep a secret for now.
12) What keeps you motivated when you are faced with challenges?
My motivation is the course I set for myself. Whenever I experience failure, I keep in mind the direction I am going and why… to accomplish what I set out to do. Challenges are just a part of that course. How bad do I want it - is the challenge worth it? Yes.
13) How do you structure your days?
Lots of freedom, intuitive motions. I think sometimes when I steer the reins too hard, I get off course.
14) Who are your biggest influences? Who do you admire most?
I admire a different level of people, each day it can be different. From a stranger at the store carrying their four kids around, to professional athletes making things happen. It’s not hard to just see a lot in a few people - everyone has moments of amazingness.
15) How do you care for your body and health aside from your sport?
Lots of baths :) meditation, mental health is key to physical health. I try to eat vegan or vegetarian a few days a week. Hydrate!
16) What is one piece of advice you would give to an aspiring athlete?
Just go for it. Put in the work. Know there are going to be hiccups and those moments will make you stronger. You got this!
17) Anything else you’d like to add….?
Much love to all the moms and dads out there - you hold the key to the future- keep those kids close to nature!
Be sure to follow Meg's adventures by following her on Instagram @megkkee !