We asked Ex-pro rugby player Kelsi to see if our Cooling Dermal Pad would stand up to her high contact training days! Read on for her full Q&A!
- Name Kelsi Stockert
- Where do you live?
- What type of athlete are you (recreational/pro/leisure)?
Ex Pro, Currently recreational
- How long have you been participating in this sport?
- What is your training regimen?
Currently training 3 times a week!
- What challenges did you face as an athlete before using our product (pain from contact sports)?
Lots of pain from rugby, especially because I have 2 herniated discs in my back (1 low neck, 1 low back).
- What is your impression of the Silipos product we sent you? How did it add value to you? What did you like about it? How has using this product make your life easier/better? Did it help with the pain you were experiencing?
I really enjoyed the Cooling Dermal Pad for contact work, especially on the pad. It relieves and seems to absorb some shock from the initial pad it. Feels like I can do more!
- Would you recommend this Silipos product to other athletes? Why? Absolutely! I find utilizing tools like the cooling dermal pad helps aid my body throughout training. With the dermal pads, I feel like I can do a bit more contact work without irritating my shoulders and back too much.
- What is something that your followers do not know about you, that you find to be very important to your personal lifestyle?
Mindfulness. I can so easily get caught up in the future or past, but I find I am the best version of me when I am in the present moment. I work really hard throughout every day to try to maintain a mindful state. While, it’s a struggle and I don’t always get it right, it has benefited my life in so many ways.
- What keeps you motivated when you are faced with challenges?
My daughter, Lily motivates me in every part of my life. She inspires me to keep going when I feel like I can’t. And knowing that I am working towards something bigger than myself. I’m determined to help break the stigma behind mental health, with a heavy focus on mental health in sports.
- How do you structure your days?
I structure my days focusing on happiness and productivity. I plan a week ahead, and allow myself some flexibility while holding myself more and more accountable every week.
- Who are your biggest influences? Who do you admire most?
Right now, my biggest influence is myself. I am constantly trying to feed into what makes me truly happy, not allowing my ego to fog it up. I truly admire Megan Rapinoe. She isn’t afraid to advocate for herself, and us women and girls all over. She speaks up for what she deserves and refuses to settle. I admire that so much.
- How do you care for your body and health aside from your sport?
I try to do yoga daily, not only for my body but for my mind as well. Always trying to stay on top of my diet and nutrition. I’m woking closely with my doctor to ensure my body is good from the inside out! As well as speaking with a therapist weekly.
- What is one piece of advice you would give to an aspiring athlete?
Focus on the little things, in your sport, in your body, in you mind. If you can build a solid foundation with those 3 elements, you can grow. But, you must maintain that foundation and never stop working at building it! It’s all up to you. You have the ability to do it.
Interested in following Kelsi’s story? Be sure to follow her on Instagram! @kelsi_stockert